Business Development Representative
Groundbreaker is a B2B SaaS platform that brings structured data to the real estate investment management industry while unlocking productivity, increasing security, and improving investor experiences. We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. Real estate offers incredible risk adjusted returns, but investing in real estate has always been secretive and exclusive. However, now the internet revolution and regulatory changes have turned this paradigm on its head. So we’re building tools that make real estate investment easier and more accessible to all.
We value hard work, attention to detail, and a laser focus on achieving individual and company goals. We only hire people who are self-driven, entrepreneurial, and passionate team players.
We are looking for a thoughtful, articulate, and tenacious Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our small but growing sales team. You should be a quick learner and feel comfortable picking up new tools and techniques, as we continue to evolve our sales process.
Our BDRs are usually the ones that make first contact with our customers, and it is crucial that they excel at making positive first impressions. Ideal candidates will demonstrate high levels of professionalism and Groundbreaker product knowledge as well be active listeners and effective communicators.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will primarily consist of researching, cold calling and emailing prospects, and conducting qualification calls. Your efforts are expected to result in scheduled meetings and product demos for our Account Executives. You will be required to keep detailed notes on your activity in our CRM as well as track various data points that we use to optimize our outbound sales efforts.
Since we are operating in an emerging market, you will also be expected to spend up to 20% or more of your time doing research and data cleansing in order to improve our outbound call list. This includes updating incomplete records, fixing inaccuracies, and removing companies from the list that aren’t a fit for our solution.
- Research and pre-qualify prospective accounts to be added to outbound campaigns
- Make outbound calls and emails to named accounts in order to set up qualified meetings for Account Executives
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of sourced qualified opportunities that result in kept appointments and closed business
- Create a great first impression with our prospects and customers by adding value during every customer touchpoint
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest
- Partner with our account executives to help fill the pipeline and develop your skills
- Top performer that excels in all aspects of the role
- Experience as a BDR/SDR
- Exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work as part of a sales team, supporting sales executives to reach our goals
- Empathy for customers, and passion for helping them
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity; ideal candidates have experience working in dynamic environments and can adapt and add to an evolving sales process
- Demonstrated ability to consistently set and beat stretch sales targets
- Passionate about software as a service
- Coachable and excited about learning
- Experience with Hubspot CRM and other productivity tools preferred, including Outreach
- Real estate relationships and familiarity with private equity investing/accounting concepts both pluses
- Experience in a sales/business development role in real estate, B2B software, or private equity is a big plus
What You’ll Get
- Work in a supportive, collaborative, and creative environment where you can thrive personally and professionally.
- Flexible, family-friendly schedule to help you achieve work/life balance.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Leave
- Stock Options
Apply by sending your resume and a cover letter about what’s driving your interest in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groundbreaker is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters, please.